Alice into the Wonderland Shape Poetry activity that is writing
Poems could be such a joy to write and tend to be one the quickest and easiest activities that are writing there! Not everybody can write a 500 words story every day, but you can write a short poem, like a haiku or a Clerihew poem. Today we chose to have a look at one of the more creative forms of poetry, shape poems! And because essay writer is also Lewis Carroll’s birthday we decided to take inspiration from Alice in the Wonderland today. So, carry on reading if you wish to learn the guidelines of shape poetry and locate some situations of Alice in the Wonderland shape poetry!
Shape Poetry Tips
Before we begin with the Alice within the Wonderland shape poetry activity, check out tips for writing shape poems:
- Before jumping in, the first thing you must do is decide in the form of your poem and theme. For instance, if you’re writing a poem about vampires, you almost certainly will want to use a bat whilst the shape of your poem.
- Don’t over-complicate shadows and details to your shape. Ensure that it it is simple, only use outlines and basic shapes (you will see a few examples below associated with Alice into the Wonderland).
- Plan your poem out before writing it into your shape. You should use a piece that is separate of paper to work on this. When you’re ready, then you’re able to write it in a shape format.
- Using a pencil, lightly outline or draw your shape onto your paper. Then write your words matching the outline. This will provide a guideline that is neat your poetry.
Now we understand the rules associated with the game, let’s begin the activity! Using Alice into the Wonderland (books or movies) as a way to obtain inspiration, can you write a shape poem using the following objects?
- Now think of your own personal shape.
You obtain points to get the following correct:
- Following the shape of the object in your poem.
- Using words connecting towards the model of your poem.
- Using ideas and details relating to the Alice in the Wonderland story.
- Using descriptive or emotional words that create a picture in your readers head.
That you should use as a guideline if you want some inspiration or ideas listed here are some examples of Alice within the Wonderland shape poems</strong.
Teacup shape poem
Tea Party into the woods that are murky.
Creatures from all over are invited.
Wear your hat that is best and bring your favourite dessert.
There’s plenty of tea for everyone, rabbit, mat hatter…
And even those little birds.
So, come and join us for a great time.
Chesire cat shape poem
Chesire cat with a smile how big is the moon.
Watching my every move.
1 minute you’re here.
The second your gone.
Please, come back when I absolutely need you!
Everyone loves your tail that is bushy and wide eyes.
are you currently my imagination or real?
i am hoping to find out!
Clock shape poem
Time ticking away. Tick tock, tick tock.
Cant go back.
Don’t wish to go forward.
I’ll just jump a hole down.
Enter a whole new world.
Where cats talk and rabbits wear clothes.
But don’t eat the cake!
as soon as I keep coming back.
I’ll be whole!
Rabbit shape poem
Go run little rabbit, run!
Time is running out!
Look out for the beasts that lurk within the woods.
And don’t let the mad hatter scare you.
Find Alice before it is too late!
Now go RUN!
Mad Hatter’s hat shape poem
Hats of so many colours, sizes and shapes.
Have your ever deen a collection so big and bold?
I adore them all!
Hats for almost any occasion…
Winter, summer and also Halloween!
Today but which one?
Now it is your turn! We would love to visit your Alice into the Wonderland shape poems! You can share them with us either utilizing the comments below or on social media#imagineforest that is using. For the time being, why not have a look at our other fun writing activities for kids and prompts that are writing.